Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Are you a dreamer?

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I don't know who I'm posting too, because the secret government survellience of my blog reveals that no one has been in on it in about nine days. So shame on you. I hope you feel bad. Don't kill yourself just yet--I'm in a forgiving mood.

A few nights ago I went out and rented a copy of Waking Life, a film directed by Richard Linklater. It quickly skyrocketed into the elite handful of movies that can be called "Barry's Total Favs." It's basically about a dude walking around in a lucid dream, which is a dream where you are in control. They are pretty sweet. You can like fly, punch people, and have super cool sex with like 8 hot chicks, or seven hot chicks and a dude, whatever your into. Anyway, there isn't crazy sex in this movie. It is totally rotoscoped, as in the filmmakers shot the whole movie digitally and then went in and drew over everything, which makes everything totally trippy. And there really isn't much of a plot, just this dude talking to a whole bunch of different people. And they say the most mind-blowing things. There are very few works of art that succeed in helping me get to a higher plane of existence, and this is definitely one of them.


The other movie, which I just saw last night, was Disney Pixar's Ratatouille. Not gonna lie, when I went to see Pick of Destiny, they had a preview this, and I almost peed. I love Pixar movies, and I love food. And I would say this lived up to expectations. Afterwards, I had much more love for rats (like Steve Buschemi, hahaha). This is probably one of the best movies ever made about food, another being Waitress with Ashley Judd, which I saw a while back and would recommend to anyone. It's sort of long for a kid's movie, but the beautiful views of computer-animated Paris are amazing. Plus, it made me laugh a lot for a PG movie. I would give it 4.5 Barrys. And there was a preview for the Pixar movie coming out next summer, about some sort of robot or something. Needless to say, I wish I had some sort of time/space transporter so I could see it right now. Yup.








Anyway, there's life for you.
Unplugged,
The Barry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gave a movie rating of 4.5 Barrys to Ratatouille? The standards for this film must not be high since they are measured this way. Just kidding. I have to comment or else you'll whine and complain that no one's reading your blog, and we don't want that to happen, now do we?