Friday, September 01, 2006

Untitled

There have been some exciting new happenings in my life since my last post. Alright, nothing really that exciting, but I won't bore you with how semi-non-exciting everything truly is, and I'll lead you to believe everything is incredibly super.

My first-ever college auditions were tonight. I tried out for "The Pitchfork Disney," this crazy British show about these 28-year old neurotic twins whose only subsidence is chocolate and sleeping pills. I decided that between this and A Midsummer Night's Dream, this was the more f'ed up of the two, so I choose this one. My audition piece was actually from the play (it was this weird monologue about frying a snake), and I think I did pretty well. Call-backs are tomorrow, so I guess we'll see. Plus, there were only four other guys trying out, and there are three male rolls in the play. I think my odds are decent to favorable.

Tonight was also the first meeting for the Phoenix, the Loyola Newspaper. I think I'm going to try to get in the "Diversions" section, because that's where I can review all sorts of cool stuff, like music, and movies, and food, and other stuff, and Wicked. Anyway, that's the goal. And, anything I review, I either get to keep or get into free, and usually early. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

And now the weekend is coming up, so I gots to find lots of cool, fun, city stuff to do.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something else. In my spare time (which there seems oe a lot of), I'm working on my great American novel. It's basically about this guy who kills people. Pretty original, I know. So, if you see around tippity-typing on my laptop, you can say, "There goes a talented individual." Either that, or "What a loser. He's on facebook like 24/7" Hey, you won't be totally correct.

Barry Out.

No comments: