Monday, August 28, 2006

A Blustery Day

The first day of classes reminded of the Winnie the Pooh book of the same title as this blog. It was probably the ugliest day since I've been here. It rained literally all day. And today was the day I had to travel to all my classes (three of them). I also had to go through all the fun times of declaring a 2nd major.

I'm starting to wonder how much my mom spent on my umbrella she got me. It died around 12:30 this afternoon. I thought I had mastered my techneque, I could use the wind and only had it blow out like three times, but I was quickly able to recover it. Then a strong gust off the lake took it and killed it. I had to discard it in the trash can umbrella graveyards. I must admit, it was kinda funny when everyone would come out of a building, put up their umbrellas, and then a big gust of wind would massacre all of them.

I also realized my theology class is entitled "Virtuous Eating." Go figure. It said "Moral Problems: x" in my class schedule, but whateva. It actually might be my favorite class so far considering my theater class on Mondays involves sewing.

Overall, today was a pretty good first day, except for that after dinner I had nothing to do. Maybe I'll start working out. Ha.

--The Barry

1 comment:

Mr. E said...

That's so sad. While moving my wife in we also had inclement weather. Her umbrella has also tumbled at times, but it was able to be salvaged. Not bad for a dollar!

As for the monolouge, I don't really have any. Not much into the straight plays. However, I did enjoy Twelve Angry Men, I am sure that there is one in it.

Keep me posted on what's going on. And you can check my spot in the blog world...

kngsly.blogger.com