Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Trip to Club Janky

First things first, I found a Dave Berry (he could be listed under my 'heros' section) quote that I thought was inspirational:

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."

Hardy har. Anyway, today was pretty cool for a Friday. I tried to do laundry, which was a laugh and a half. I couldn't figure out how to work the dryer, and I had a class in like an hour, so I just stuffed all my crap back into a hamper and tried to air it out in my room. It's kinda weird to admit, but I'm all about keeping it real.

Then I went to my exciting Virtuous Eating class, and my rather non-intellectual philosophy course, and then back to my room.

The Jes Fest was the next stop. Leave it to the Jesuits to throw a wild party. Those Ursuline sisters can suck it. There was free pizza and chicken wings and a cover band and an inflatable fun-times stuff....basically the craziest party Loyola has seen all year (oh, yeah, I never mentioned the party I was at that ended in a fight....I'll leave that for another day).

Then I had callbacks for 'The Pitchfork Disney.' Not gonna lie, I thought it went pretty well. I guess we'll see. There were about 6 guys trying out for three parts, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I was one of the lucky ones. I'm keeping positive.

And finally, there was the adventure that gave this wicked sweet post it's title. Through facebook and other resources, I've been talking to this Kelly girl, who went to one of the girl's schools in Toledo and knows a lot people I know. So she invited me to go clubbin with her and her friends. Club Mambo. Sounds exciting, no? Anyway, I everyone gets ready and we leave at like 10:30. After an El ride and two bus rides, we ended up in the hood and went to this Club Mambo. It was freakin 10 bucks to get in; my last bill besides the $2 bill I have in my wallet...So we start out on the dance floor, most of the stuff is hispanic hip-hoppity stuff. And I don't know if you've ever been a girl in a group of girls at a club or not, but as soon as you get out there, guys just swarm you. The six girls I was with were not enthralled. I told them later that if you go to a club you're kinda expected to dance with someone of the opposite sex, but that got quickly shot down.

And here's just a little tip for all of y'all fellas out there. Although it may seem pretty pimp to go to club with all girl's and you be the only guy, after doing it twice, I've realized it's not the best option. Not that I have a big problem with estrogen, there's just a lot of it. Always bring a buddy. Good talk.

So we busted outta the club after each of the girls got grinded on by a certain number of thirty year-old Mexican dudes, even though I kinda was having an alright time, but whateva, majority rules.

Then we had some transportation blunders and found out the buses actually don't run at all hours of the night. And sometimes the El takes a really long time to pick you up. And once you get on the El, it also takes a long time. Long story short, left the club at 12:30, didn't walk onto campus until 2:45. Lucky for us, we found out their was a fire drill that we missed. That's always cool.

Psyche. I started writing this blog, and the fire alarm went off again. So I got to go out in style, dressed in ma club ware, while everyone else was in pajamas and drunk. That is what we like to call in the business "karma." Whatever. I'm not bitter. I don't actually want to burn something down now like my floormates. Now it's like 4 in the morning, so I better get some sleep before tomorrow.

meet me in the mall, it's goin down,
Barry

No comments: