Saturday, November 10, 2007

Barry, American Hero

A major occurance recently occured to me.

My friend Drew and I were innocently waiting for the El to go see a show on Thursday night, roughly 7:00 PM.

Then Drew goes, "Hey, a fire."

He was noticing the giant reflection of some sort of blaze that we could see bouncing off the side of the building next to my dorm. We moved further down the El platform to get a better look, and we saw that the gazebo in the little kid's garden was engulfed in flames. It was crazy.

And I was like, "Do we call 911?"

Drew goes "mumble, mumble." I took this as affirmation.

I whipped out my phone and punched in 9 1 1 Send. My phone said "Calling: Emergency" and I was like, you better believe it. After one ring someone picked up, and I was like, "Yo, I'd like to report a fire." She connected me to the Chicago Fire Department, and I gave the intersection and all the other information, and the operator was all, "Alright, we've got a truck on the way. Thank you."

Of course, I said, "No need to thank me, sir. Just doing my civic duty."

So now I have a mad story about how I saved a gazebo/some apartment buildings (and therefore, innocent lives)/the city of Chicago/ America. Don't tell me I'm blowing this out of proportion. When was the last time you ever saved your country??

And now some people are trying to slander me by spreading rumors that I actually started the fire.

I guess once you get to the top, you find out who your real friends are.

Douche-bags.

Sincerely,
Model Citizen Barry

No comments: