Friday, February 23, 2007

Sure as a Rock

That's what I said last night in our first show since last week. The line's supposed to be "Firm as a rock," and then later I say "Sure as a gun." The funny thing is that the two girls behind me repeat what I say. So, after I messed up the line, there was a ten second pause where I'm sure they deliberated if they should repeat such a retarded line, and then they did. I have a feeling I'll never live this down. Whatevs, I'll add it to the list.

Other than that, the show went pretty smoothly. I'm hoping tonight will go a lot better, we shall see....and then the 'rents come Saturday. This will be interesting.

After the show, I went over to the Burgo's house and chilled. I watched 'Lost' for the first time since last season, and I had no idea what was going on. I hate shows that confuse me more than I am already. It's not fair.

After Lost, we went back to Zips and started doing a reading of "Arcadia," one of the shows going up in the mainstage next year. I really hope I'm able to get into this one--it'll be pretty cool. The basic premise is that people in present time are trying to figure out what happened 200 years ago, and the play switches between the two periods. Some of it gets incredibly dry, but some is really funny. The reading went pretty well--and there's a bunch of juicy male roles. I'm pumped. Other than that, we're putting up 'Guys and Dolls,' so I'll have to work on my Fugue for Tinhorns. I was in Guys and Dolls once in middle school. I was Harry the Horse, and to answer any questions that are burning in your head, no, I was not an actual horse. I was just some bookie guy. I'm hoping for something better this time around. We're also doing other stuff, but I can't remember what that is. Oh well.

One last thought. Oscars. 2007. What's up with that? Maybe later I'll post my thoughts, but unfortunately I haven't actually seen almost any of the Best Picture noms. I feel like a loser. But I keep my spirits up.

Firm as a gun,
Barry

No comments: