Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Current Fantasy

So, there has been a plan among my friends to go to the Pitchfork Music Festival in Union Park, in the great American city of Chicago. It's a bit of an Indie jack-off festival, and it seems like it would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me, because of my limited finicial abilities (aka my life as a bum), I waited and waited to buy the two day pass ($35) not to mention the Megabus tickets ($50 some-odd dollars). Now the passes are sold out. I'm comfronted with a none-so-pleasent situation. Buy the rip-off one-day pass and the rip-off bus ticket, or maybe not...that is one of the weekends where I get hella cheap Cedar Point tickets.

Not gonna lie, I think I'm going to pass on the Chicago trip. I don't have the money to blow on bands I don't really know, but the real bummer is that I would miss out on seeing my Chicago homies and giving a grand tour of what has basically became my city to my friends. It really sucks.

However, I have new schemes. Although I didn't think I could do it, I think I might be Lollapalooza bound. Who's freakin with me? I think I can get cheaper tix on craigslist (if anyone out there wants to sell me there pass for $125, shoot me an e-mail). Then maybe I can see all my Chicago buds before school starts three weeks later....wahoo.

And that's not to mention my big plan for the summer: *angel noise* CANADA TRIP *angel noise* Getting drunk at 9 AM over a four day weekend in Toronto. That's my one travel goal for the summer, and nothing, save for God or sexy time with Rachel McAdams, is going to get in my way.

Thanks for letting me think aloud, except for in silence, to you, who might not exist,
Barry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. You complain about not having money, and then you spend it, even though supposedly you don't have it. You really don't have much of a problem...