Saturday, January 13, 2007

Licking shots...

Not gonna lie, today was pretty jam-packed.

As the second to last day of my stay in the scenic Southwest Michigan area, I decided that I would hang out with some BGSU buddies last night. We ate these giant "stuffed" breadsticks, which were kinda like canoli, but instead of whipped cream they were filled with cheese and meat. I stayed there pretty late, but made the long haul back to Bedford because my mom needed a car (my dad's transmission got killt, so we were playing man down for awhile there).

Today I went with an old friend and his uncle to a shooting range where we shot a multitude of pistolas. Now I haven't shot a handgun in like 3 years, and I definitley felt like the idiot in the group. I'm just not hick enough. It was still fun though, especially my friend's .45 revolver, which is freakin huge. I think even I could intimidate someone with this gun.

After that and some Elbo Room pizza, we went out to see "Children of Men" or some crap, which was an excellent movie. There were lots of explosions and British people and fascists and the future. Go out. Watch it.

However, apparently after the premiere of "Stomp the Yard" a huge fight broke out. I was like, "Wow, that movie musta sucked! [rimshot]" We came down the escalator to find the parking lot flooded with 5-0 and a bunch of young black kids. We asked an officer what was up, and he told us about the fight. Man, how come fights never happen at the end of my movies?? I'd love to take some kid out, and then quickly duck out before being caught by the authorities. Word.

And then tomorrow I'm prolly headed up to the International Auto Show Extravaganza!! in Detroit. We'll see. Not gonna lie, not a huge car guy, but I do like shiny things that I'm not allowed to touch (like girls), so I don't think I'll be disappointed.

I also just found out that my spring practicum assignment is being Assistant Stage Manager for a show, a position I didn't exactly sign up for. I'm somewhat flattered, but I don't know if this plus being in Das Visit will suck away my life. But then again, I like being busy. We shall see.

Stompin the yard,
Barry.

P.S. I love this White Rapper show on VH1. Love it.

No comments: