Friday, August 25, 2006

Day One (well, actually, day 2, but who likes specifics? Not this guy)

Yesterday I moved into college. I'm in the crazy land of Chicago, a whole friggin hour behind my home, which is having some weird effects on my sleeping habits. You could say this is a big change. I used to be an intelligent, witty, and good-looking big fish in a small pond. Now the pond is considerably larger.

That aside, these past two days have been kinda weird. I'm not gonna call them boring, but they aren't exactly packed with excitement. We're just a bunch of college kids with no direction or motivation.

I've actually spent most of my time with Mark, the only other kid who went to the same high school as me. Last night, we went on a "crazy" last minute Target run to get crap to fill our dorm rooms with. I got a trash can and a USB cable, so you could say my little room is probably the sweetest ever.

Today we went down to the Magnificent Mile. We took the El, even though in like two days we'll have passes. We met these two girls from Loyola who were from Minnesota. One played women's hockey, which apparently is pretty big in Minnesota, but no so much everywhere else, or maybe I'm just ignorant. They seemed decently cool enough to earn a conversation in the future. I won't bore you with the details about how friggin extravagant Michigan Ave was, but it was pretty intense. After getting acosted by more than one less-than-mentally-stable dudes, we set back for school, which took about 45 minutes.

I then met outside Mertz with some random peeps I knew kinda sorta from orientation, and then Mark came out, and I did some introducing, and then we all talked for like an hour and a half. Then we did this lame mixer which totally confused me, basically it was like speed dating but not dating, and there were prizes (I didn't win, in case you cared. No, I knew you didn't). Then I chilled in the "hip" "zip's" joint, and then I had a bad headache, so I went to my room.

Hopefully all my future blog posts will be a lot more enthralling. Until then, you can suck it.

No comments: